This amazing, relaxing foot massage dates back to over two thousand years, originating in China, and now found all over Thailand today. Treatment includes working on ‘Sen’ lines, which are from the Ayurvedic tradition and are the equivalent to the meridians of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The techniques of Thai Foot Massage are thought to stimulate and open these energy channels,thus leaving you feeling relaxed, balanced and invigorated.
Thai foot massage involves massaging both the feet and the lower legs. It is relaxing and yet invigorating at the same time and involves hands on massage, stretching and applying acupressure to stimulate the reflex points. It has taken moves from Shiatsu, Chinese massage and reflexology. A Thai foot massage stick is also used as well as the fingers, thumbs and knuckles to work the feet.
Thai Foot Massage is great for tired feet, improving circulation and lymph movement in the feet and lower legs, and improving flexibility. If you have tried reflexology, you will also enjoy this fabulous treatment, but will be surprised at how different the techniques feel! Certainly, like reflexology, you will leave the session feeling relaxed, yet energized and invigorated!
Benefits of Thai Foot Massage are:
- The effects may be felt at the first treatment, or it may take a few treatments for changes to be noticed.Improves circulation in feet and legs
- It improves lymphatic drainage
- It helps to boost the immune system
- It reduces stiffness and improves flexibility
- It encourages physical healing
- It helps to being stress relief
- It improves sleep
- It lifts your mood
- It improves concentration and clarity of mind
- It leaves you with a general feeling of tranquility, calmness and well being.
Thai foot massage is suitable for men, women and children alike. It may also be useful for women who are past their first trimester of pregnancy and have no known medical complications.
There are, obviously some contraindications and so a full consultation will be carried out before the therapy commences. This will also allow the treatment to become bespoke to the client.
If you do have a medical problem, are taking medication, it is always advisable to check with your doctor prior to any treatment.